"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Party

These photos are all out of order.
Turkey being cute.

My uncle Neal and his youngest my cousin Ashley. She is headed off to college next month. Wow.


Ashley taking photos of Turkey.

The church.




My brother (sissy's husband) and my "little man"

Uncle Neal playing with the kids... he admits he is a big kid himself.

The cake.

Mamaw (pink) and her friend or cousin???

We celebrated my Mamaw's 80th birthday while we were on vacation. It was in a little place called Englehard, NC --just inland from the Outer Banks where we spent the week --(population... uhh... 15 maybe) at a very old (1890's I think) church. I made her a yummy chocolate truffle cake, and it was funny many of her friends from there had no idea what a truffle was. It was such a blessing that so many people came from all over. We got to see some family that we hadn't seen in a while. Some of her cousins I had never even met before.Thanks Lord for such a blessing as Mamaw turning 80. I hope I live so long as to get to see my great grand kids and party with them when I turn 80.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely family you have. It looks like you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics, and did you do the cake? it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.