"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Friday, September 4, 2009

Regressing to perfection.

This morning I found myself lying in bed annoyed with the fact that I have so much to do to get things perfect at my house. I was reminded at that point of my first few blog entries. I am reminded that my job is not to be perfect but to do my job with a heart of joy and obedience. I sat down to do my morning devotions and today's devotion was on 1 Corinthians 1:7 "Just think--you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that" (NCV). I am told here that God is with me on this adventure-- If I were meant to be perfect, why would I need this encouragement? Later in the devotion, Lori Fairchild says, "As Christian women, we sometimes think that an adventure is outside what God has planned for us. We have this view of the "perfect" woman who can recite scripture, has perfect children, can make pie from scratch, always has a clean house and sings like an angel in the church choir. We don't really think God has any life-changing adventures in mind for us." Other than singing like an angel, which will NEVER happen here on earth, this is the rut I keep finding myself in. I keep thinking, "how can I do perfect at everything I am obliged to do", instead of just doing my best. I am encouraged this morning that my adventure will be to see if I can get it all done to the best of my ability. So if I do not get my house spotless, it is OK, or if I do not get a 3 course gourmet, healthy, dairy free meal three times or even one time today, it is OK... (It is a good thing too, because this rarely happens). On this note... Lord be with me today and help me to do all I have to do in a way that brings You glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.