"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tears in my eyes!

This article in today's HSLDA Newsletter brought tears to my eyes. I am, once again, thrilled with the prospect of home schooling my girls. Read it if you have doubts!

Along the same line, many of the objections to us home schooling families is our lack of socialization of the children. To this I have always just taken as a grain of salt, for we home schooling families know this is not true (unless, I suppose, you are schooling in a cave and never leaving or something equally as restrictive-- I am sure there are a few hermit home scholars out there.) Anyway, today at the library, Ollie and the Turkey were playing with two other children when a fifth little boy came up and his mother asked if he could join. Of course it was fine... He sat down next to the Turkey and she looked at him and said, "Hi, you wanna play with me? My name's ___ and I am 2 and a 1/2 years old. Then he said, "Hi ___, my name is Nathan." The other moms and I just exchanged this knowing look that this had to be the most adorable conversation ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.