"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ok, I can't not post this!

I really want to share this because it is such an awesome thing that God is doing for us. I am going to be somewhat vague on the details, because what is important is the interaction between God the Holy Spirit and Hubby and I. A while back Hubby and I were led to give something away. Something very needed to us and important, but we both felt God telling us to give it away to someone He knew needed it more than we did. So we joyfully gave it away and let me tell you what, it was the most awesome feeling I have ever felt. I just can't explain what it felt like to sacrifice and give it away and see how the person credited God and was so grateful for Him and His answering of their prayers. Being a part of God's answer to prayers is so awesome. God asked us to help Him. He didn't need us, but He trusted us and we trusted Him. Not a week later we find out that Hubby has a one day job offer from Waldheim International Inc. cleaning perchloric acid (an explosive residue) out of the ventilation system of a building that Y-12 plant plans to demolition. This job for the day would pay the exact amount to replace what we gave away. Now Hubby and I thought, "God is so trustworthy He is giving us back what we gave away". I was thanking God for this in my prayer time, for being so faithful to us and He told me (yes I heard Him say it) that He was giving it back twofold. First of all, this word is not one I generally use so I knew it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me, but I was a little confused at what He meant. I thought maybe He was counting the pleasure we got in giving it away. The pleasure really was that valuable! The next day we get a call and find out the job required a day of training and therefore Hubby would be paid for 2 days. OK, so now God has given it back twofold just as He told me. In my praise to Him over this, He is assuring me that it will be even more than twofold and He reminds me of Luke 11:10-12 10For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. 11"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for[a] a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? Still, I was not really sure if this is just in my head or not; Hubby gets a calls today and finds out that the training paid more than the full day he was expecting. I tremble at the love He has for us and how all we have to do is trust Him and obey. I have been reminded also of John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.


I have a Godly jealousy for you all to hear the Holy Spirit and to experience the power of God who lives in us like this-- to hear His voice. The Holy Spirit is just as real, just as powerful, and just as alive as God and Jesus. He is just as important. He is how we know God. He is a gift from God so that we can know Him. He is God's way of being with His people. Don't underestimate the power of the Holy Spirit

1 comment:

  1. His faithfulness is infinite and when He always gives so much more than He asks for!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.