"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sundays are my favorite...

This morning Ollie came into my bathroom as I was getting ready for church and informed me that there was a 7 on her clock... (Long story about the 7, I'll blog about it sometime...) and that she could get up now. She was already dressed for the day, but in regular clothes. I reminded her that today was Sunday and that she was going to be wearing her Christmas skirt. She looked at me with those wide, blue eyes sparkling and said, "Oh, Sundays are my favorite days because we get to go to church and worship Jesus." This little angel is so right on! She then asked me what my favorite day was and I told her I liked Sunday's too. I love that she said, "...we get to”. She says this for special things, "We get to go to a birthday party", or "We get to have cake as a treat". This tells me that she is sincerely looking forward to church. She really does like to go. I think we should all get as much pleasure in worshipping corporately with the body of Christ. There is a Psalm that came to mind as soon as she said this and I want to share it. Psalm 122:



A song of ascents. Of David.


1 I rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD."
2 Our feet are standing in your gates, O Jerusalem.
3 Jerusalem is built like a city that is closely compacted together.
4 That is where the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD, to praise the name of the LORD according to the statute given to Israel.
5 There the thrones for judgment stand, the thrones of the house of David.
6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: "May those who love you be secure.
7 May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels."
8 For the sake of my brothers and friends, I will say, "Peace be within you."
9 For the sake of the house of the LORD our God, I will seek your prosperity.

What an awesome Psalm to contemplate. As a member of the New Testament Body of Christ we are Jerusalem (God’s people and city). So if you reread it replacing Jerusalem with Christ’s church (us) then it gives it a whole NT relevancy. 

Ollie truly rejoiced when I told her we were going to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.