"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Sunday, July 25, 2010

What makes you extraordinary? (Thanks for the inspiration Greg!)

I am inspired here to write about my extraordinary personality. :) Ha-ha! I know this is making many of you laugh hysterically, or maybe even roll your eyes in total disagreement-- it’s OK!


So now that you have composed yourself, let me ask you the question my friend's husband posed on his FB status-- "What makes you extraordinary?" Really think about this one.

I thought about it off and on before I commented on his status the next day. My first thoughts-- nothing, I am not extraordinary; I think I am even a little shy of ordinary at first glance. I am not one to turn heads for any reason of which speak. I may have some talents that are not exactly ordinary, but who doesn't? I am certainly not so talented as to be featured on the television show vying for the $1,000,000 prize. So what about me is out of the realm of ordinary!

Nothing about me, but everything about Who I have allowed to take over my life is extraordinary. Jesus is THE only part of me that is extraordinary. He is teaching me to be generous, loving, pure, holy, righteous, Him... He is what makes me extraordinary. I have often done something nice or totally out of the norm for me and been condemned by Satan as being a fraud. "This act you just did is not you; you are a fake!" This is what rings in my ears, but you know what? He's right; it is not me. It is Jesus and He is all I want to be. I don't need to be extraordinary on my own.

On my own, I am prideful, rude, selfish, controlling, impatient, cantancorous, but I recognize this and willfully lay these flaws at my Savior's feet and allow Him to work His magic on me. OK, so not magic-- just a phrase. What He does is fill me with Himself-- the Holy Spirit. He counsels me through the painful process of sanctification. Through His power I am becoming extraordinary. I am becoming what He has planned for me to become-- His work of art, fearfully and wonderfully made. How extraordinary is that?

How many books are guaranteed best sellers before the work is ever finished? His story of me, well I can guarantee it to be a chart topper and it is only just begun.

(Thanks Greg for the inspiration and the thought provoking question.) 

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome....anytime. Thanks for the props. "How many books are guaranteed best sellers before the work is ever finished? His story of me, well I can guarantee it to be a chart topper and it is only just begun."
    You are so correct.....everyday is a new chance to honor Him....life is short, so enjoy the ride and see what God has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.