"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Jesus said so!

Your life will be changed by the gift you receive when you give this Christmas away! (Amy Grant and Matthew West)





I couldn't be more thankful for my daughters who love to give and who are blessed by giving. They were so proud of their boxes. The OCC volunteers sang Happy Birthday to them and I think this is the best birthday gift I could have ever given them. The gift of giving. As a parent we have such a difficult job in teaching our kids how to live for Jesus and not for themselves. Especially when we ourselves have to actually look beyond our own reflection. I for one have a difficult time looking beyond my own selfish desires. I want what I want and usually 5 minutes ago. Anyhow, we all had a lesson in how it is more blessed to give than receive and we shared this gift with all of the party goers too. I hope they were as blessed as we have been and are as proud of themselves as we are of them. Thanks to all of our friends for making this donation of 34 boxes to OCC happen. We are tracking them to their final destination and I will share here where each box ends up. God bless you all and remember:

Acts 20:35

In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”

Your life will be changed by the gift you receive when you give this Christmas away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.