"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Off my rocker

I was recently asked a very derogatory question. It was meant to put me in my place. I was asked, "What planet are you from?" I was also told I was off my rocker and was not realistic. It was not the first time I have been asked these types of questions or put "down" as so. The funny thing is that I take these questions and phrases as a sort of confirmation to my faith. I take them as huge compliments. Now how on earth you may ask can I take these as compliments? Well, I can't wait to point out what the Bible says.

First of all, let me preface to you what the reasoning behind the verbal attacks generally involve. Usually I am thinking way too big. Sometimes, I think way too big of myself in areas where I am not led by the Holy Spirit and trusting in my own abilities -- like claiming to be able to decorate 400 cupcakes in a few hours (my style of decorating which is nothing less than architecture and not just squeezing on the frosting.) In those cases I usually am off my rocker! :) But other times it is when I choose to follow His lead and take the small step I know how to take and allow Christ to do the rest and perform miracles.

Here is where I take my confidence. I believe with all my heart that what God wills to do, He will do. He will defeat all odds, cross all boundaries, breech all limits when it is His plan. So, I have faith that when He tells me to do something, so long as I simply say, "Yes Lord", He will make sure He gets glory for the job well done. I was reminded of this by Priscilla Shirer at Deeper Still that "What God sanctifies, there is no limit to what God can do with it." This is especially true when "One is radically obedient to God."

So, I claim the scriptures that tell me His power is made perfect in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). If I can't do it alone, He can make sure His power supplies me with all I need according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19). As I in my weakness deal with those judging me by that weakness, I can stand firm in the power supplied by abiding in Christ (2 Corinthians 13:4-5). My prayer for those who doubt is this, that they may be filled with the Holy Spirit and made powerful by His indwelling (Ephesians 3:16).


Now getting to the Biblical reason to be glad to be told I am from another planet. 1 Peter 2:10-12. I am not from this world. My home is not here on earth and I am an alien in a foreign land. I am to abstain from the fleshly lusts of this world. Isn't selfishness and self worship what caused the fall, so I would presume it is the number one lust of human flesh. Our desire to "do it myself", exalt myself through my own abilities, obtain recognition for a job well done, seek man's approval for God's ordained task, proving myself by what man thinks and not God alone... So when someone who thinks like this tries to tempt me into this way of thinking all I can do is stand firm in my faith that even though I cannot accomplish anything to bring glory to God, HE can use me. He can and will supply me with all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.