"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Friday, August 14, 2009

Ollie's tummy

So far we have been on a week of a totally dairy free diet for Ollie. She hasn't complained even once about her stomach hurting. She hates having to turn down formerly loved foods, and she says some of he funniest things. Today she wanted lettuce with ranch dressing with her fluffy fruit and cherries for lunch, when I told her she could not have ranch dressing she said, "But mommy, I would rather my stomach hurt than be squished by a car." Trying to hide my amusement, I tried to figure out what about not having ranch dressing was like being hit by a car. To this moment I am still at a loss for ideas.

I really hope this is the ticket we have been looking for for nearly 5 years. It seems so easy compared with everything else we have been through. It is truly an answer to prayers.

Now if I could just find a dairy free ranch dressing...

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have a pain-free week! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! I have no idea where you'd get this, but www.organicvillefoods.com had dairy free ranch dressing. Also, a dairy-free ranch recipe can be found at www.recipezaar.com/Dairy-Free-Ranch-Dressing-65119. It looks pretty easy to make. Hope y'all are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear that Ollie's tummy is better. Don't forget that she will probably need a calcium supplement and Vitimin D since her dairy products will be eliminated. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.