"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A prayer

Lord, my prayer is for You to radiate from my life in such a way that my transparency will allow others to see You. Lord, You have demonstrated to me this week ways to love others in spite of circumstances which would typically cause a reaction not of You. Lord, You have shown me how the enemy will hate my transparency. You have used my friend and his frustrating situation to teach me something about how to treat others in love and not react in frustration. Lord, as I grow in my faith and look less like me and more like You, remind me of who You are everyday. I often find myself thinking, "whoa, where did that come from" in my actions. Not because of a bad reaction, that wouldn't shock me. It is when something I do is not me but You, this is when I find myself amazed at You. You are the only thing that is good in me. Make me like You. Remind me of who You are, everyday.

Lord, I pray for a specific thing that is missing in my personal harvest. Lord, teach me gentleness. As I read the fruit of the Spirit, I realized I am severely lacking in this part of the fruit. Lord, I wonder what You will do to teach me gentleness. I have often been told to beware of praying for patience because You don't just give it out, You teach it. I can't wait to see how You teach me gentleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.