"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving journey day 12

I can't believe it has been 12 days now. Thanksgiving is getting so close. I love cooking in general, but it is even more fun when I get to cook for a group of people and entertain. I have some friends coming over for Thanksgiving (which reminds me -- I've got to set a schedule)... I can't wait to share our banquet with them. I am so thankful that I have the ability to cook and share my home with great friends. I am planning a traditional meal with Roast Turkey (of course it is turkey day I must have a turkey-- 22 pounder at that!!!), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (gotta find a good recipe with no dairy), green bean casserole, Paula Dean's stuffing recipe, gravy (without a doubt), plain green beans (no dairy), herbed pop-overs with butter (and a vegan alternative butter), Southern Living's Mystery Pecan pie (a cross between pecan pie and cheesecake), pumpkin-walnut layered pie (a pecan pie like layer with walnuts layered in a creamy pumpkin pie), possibly an apple pie with soy ice cream, and of course some fresh brewed iced tea. What a feast I have planned. I am thankful that if it is in God's plans all this will come to pass and we will feast with friends and give thanks to our wonderful God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.