"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm back.

Ok, so the shoe thing... it was about things we store away in our thought closet when we should get rid of them. Now, I am not willing to part with my boots (I DO still wear them...I do... every now and then), but I can see the metaphor with other items I find in my closet that I hold onto, knowing how expensive they were even though I haven't been able to wear them in YEARS! I can relate to to the thoughts that I have in my closet that I haven't really worn or been identified with in a while, but that are still there haunting me. You know names like ditz, airhead (or knot head as one middle school teacher called me), klutz (I actually grew up thinking I was doomed because my initials phonetically spelled out klutz--KLT and I even added the S when I got married!) These things have since grown into the adult versions of the names-- stupid and lousy... The truth of the matter is I am none of the above.

1 comment:

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.