"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vulnerability is key to intimacy!

My devotion this morning was nothing profound, but it was very relevant. After baring my soul over and over to my readers (well and to everyone I know as well) people wonder why I reveal so much. Why am I so willing to share such details of my weaknesses? The video I posted by Vota about their song, "Honestly" sums it up perfectly, as does the song itself.

Here is the thing: 2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

If people do not see my weaknesses they can never witness the power of God in my life. Same goes for you, my dear readers... If you do not accept that you have weaknesses you will never experience the power of God.

When you admit to God and other people what your weaknesses are then you open the door for God to come in and show Himself. He is knocking, but if you don't admit you need Him to come in and allow Him to walk through your door then you may never experience the intimate knowledge of God. Intimacy requires vulnerability.

It is human nature (which is a sinful nature) to fear vulnerability. Remember who is the author of all fear? If you make yourself vulnerable then you may cause others to see the real you and be afraid of what they may think you: weak, weird, a sinner... Well friend, you are all three of these things if you are a Christian. Our weakness makes His power perfect. We are called to be different/ weird to the world: 1 Peter 2:11 Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Who cares if they think you are a sinner-- Romans 3:23 ...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

I am not afraid for people to know I am weird, the worst of all sinners, very weak... This way they can witness how God even has a plan for someone such as me! I am just following His lead and love to share with you whatever He has planned for me. I feel like I am always on the precipice of some great plan... But only when I can honestly look back, count my blessings and see God's Providence will I be able to see for myself the whole plan coming into focus. Honestly!

Honestly!(click me!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.