"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"My God is my Friend!"

I love You, God

You are my strength,
The air my life requires,
The portion I do not deserve,
The daily bread that sustains me.

Life swirls around me,
All consuming.

I fall into the mire
And it engulfs me.


In my distress I cry to You,
Put my trust in You.
Hold my hands to You so You will pick me up
Like a Father and His little child.

I call out to You
And You answer me,
You remind me that You hold life in Your hands.
You own the mire and it bows to Your commands.
You set the world in motion and
Still hold it in Your hands.

You hold me close and make promises to me.
Your Word is Living and True.
You do not make veiled promises
Or take back anything You have said You would do.

I know this is true.
You my God are so precious,
More precious than pricelessness.

I love Your story.
Your living, breathing Word.
Your faithfullness to it's end.

I praise Your name.
You're the one who knows
and still loves my heart.
I shout out to all who will listen,
"My God is my Friend!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.