"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Monday, July 12, 2010

On bended knees

Who would have thought that I would ever have to tell my child to stop tattling... on herself. The past couple of weeks she has really been telling me everything. She will come out of her room crying and tell me she thought about calling her sister a bad name or that she considered kicking her sister, or thought about squashing a bug on the front patio... I mean full blown, tears-dripping sort of crying. She will tell me in such remorse when she has done something wrong no matter how minor and expect to be punished.




OK moms is this a phase or is it another sign I have a truly tenderhearted little girl or both. Maybe a phase a tenderhearted goes through? I just am not sure what to do. I have answered her and told her that this was the work of the Holy Spirit reminding her of right and wrong, and that in thwarting Satan's attempts to tempt her into evil she is doing right and following the Holy Spirit's lead.



I truly believe it is the Holy Spirit and I believe she is a special little girl to be hearing from Him and responding in such a genuine way.



No matter, I think it is a lesson once again from God through a child. Luke 18:16-17 "But Jesus called the children to him and said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it'."

Accepting the conviction of the Holy Spirit is something we all need to do. We need to recognize when He says, "Ummm, I think that is a bad idea," or "Nope, don't do that," or even "That really was not the best way to handle that situation." These are things I often hear Him tell me-- especially the last one. It is very humbling to have to go back and retract your response and apologize for not handling a situation in love. BUT is sure feels good once you are really on your knees. The act of bending is the work; the being on your knees part is easy. OH and if you just stay on your knees, you will not have to keep bending down there. The painful part (if you have bad knees) is the bending.



Lord, help me make it a habit of being humble and live life on my knees. I am not afraid of what humbling myself in repentance to someone or God will do to me. I know that this is exactly where You want me to be. Help me to keep Your priorities first and put my feelings-- hurt, resent, vengeance, annoyance or whatever evil though may come my way-- at Your feet as I am on my knees. This is where I will end up in the end anyhow. So I pray this scripture as a plea for Your help; help me not to react in any way that would cause my brother to stumble. Help me to remember to just get on my knees.

You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. It is written:

" 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will confess to God.' " So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.
Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way  (Romans 14:10-13).

Amen!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.