"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Friday, September 3, 2010

A conversation

So, on the way to work the other day I was talking to God-- not unusual. An actual 2 way conversation is less common. I usually am too busy to listen I guess. I have been really wanting to share this encounter with the Holy Spirit, but have not really had a lot of time. Anyways, I was talking to Him and asked Him to hurry back. He interrupted me and started speaking to me. He said, "It's not time". I told Him I was worried about our country falling and He told me that it had to happen for us to come back to Him. At this point my tears were flowing because... well how can I not cry when the God of the universe cares enough to talk to me. I asked Him about my children. "What about my girls God?" He answered,  "Teach them". I said, "I am" and I told Him my worst fear-- that my children will deny Him for their own safety, or grow to not know Him. He said, it again, "Teach them." Then the verse saying to train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it, popped into my head. Then the Holy Spirit said, "Teach them about me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.