"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fear and our human need to feel in control.

Why do we fear? I was recently made aware of the most frequent command in the Bible (Beth Moore)... "Do not be afraid" or any similar phrase. My sister and I were talking about it and she pointed out that this was said 365 times. I have not researched this to confirm this figure; anyhow, the point is, we are commanded not to be afraid. We can accept the big "do nots" like those in the 10 commandments (even though the great deceiver has successfully helped us to rationalize these even -- into shading a clear line between right and wrong.)
--
[I am a person who likes clearly defined lines. I respect life to such an extent that unless insects are posing a threat or invading my home, I don't kill even the smallest. I do not respect hunting as a trophy sport; however, if you are going to eat your kill then good luck to you. I also believe that life begins at conception and to me birth control pills kill a conceived life.]
--
Back to the topic... Why do we have trouble with fear. I dare to say everyone has a fear of something irrational or has once had one. I know I have. My irrational fears cost me a lot. Things I can't get back. It didn't have to be this way. God has so much more in store for us than wasting our time being afraid. Satan knows what we fear most. Satan knows that we want control... wasn't this his first tactic on humans? I suspect that every sin we commit is derived from this one carnal desire -- to be in control. In control of things that God has set aside for His control alone. These fears of not being in control are what drive marriages apart, countries to wage war, people to hate others... Right now the most prevalent fear I see for folks is this craze about global warming. It was even a major platform for the president's campaign. If you want to get Biblical... Yeah I guess I believe in global warming... to the point that God is in control and will as Revelation promises destroy the earth with fire. BUT the major difference is that God is doing it not us. The only way we were involved in this process is when we (Adam and Eve) got the insane notion that we could be like God in more ways than just image. Who gives us this notion I redundantly ask? Satan. Who frees us from this notion? God! God is in control of even our smallest problems making our fear a useless emotion. To Satan, it is his most useful tool to cause us to doubt the power of the Most High God!
That thought being expressed... Lord, I give you control of my life! I turn this day over to you and ask for your will to be done. Bless me in my surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.