"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Questions.

Two questions were posed me in church (really our whole Sunday school class) for pondering. The first was what good things are in my life due only to the goodness of God? (At least, that is the gist.) Well, after several hours of thinking of ALL -so many I couldn't even write books of lists on them- the good things I could attribute simply and only to His goodness, I have concluded that really my life as I know it now is due only to His goodness! The fact that I am alive attests to this! Knowing the dangerous things that get women, children, people, dummies... killed that I participated in through high school and college and the fact I made it through physically unscathed... WOW! He kept me alive for some reason. Not only did He keep this former heathen alive, but He redeemed me. I mean, HE PAID THE PRICE, THE RANSOM for my lifestyle. He bought me... and I was expensive! He chose me... I have no debt anymore. I don't have to repay Him. I don't owe Him anything... I give Him my life because He gave me His. Galatians 2:20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

This kind of leads into the next question... What good works does God have in His plans for me? Well I don't think I can answer that exactly. Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. I don't know. I know He has something in His plans for me... as Paul says He has them prepared for me. I think maybe He is still preparing me for them! They are already prepared, maybe I'm not.
Jeremiah 18 :3-6 So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. Then the word of the LORD came to me: "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?" declares the LORD. "Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.
I love the promise that I, if I as a marred pot am not pleasing to His purpose, can be reformed! I know right now that He has placed before me the task of raising two future disciples of His. Just taking a stab in the dark here, but I believe He is preparing me for something else too. Lord, I can't wait to see what You've got prepared for me. Help me to know what it is, when it is time and help me to accomplish it to Your glory. I read Your words in the Bible and I take them as personal promises. Acts 2:38Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit, which is fully You and has Your power lives in me and through me! Help me to resemble You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.