"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The seventh year

We are coming up on the seventh year of owning (or rather buying) our house. In my journey through the Bible in 90 days I came across the laws of the seventh year. I've read them before, but have never actually been in the seventh year of a debt myself . Lord, wouldn't this cancellation of debt be nice!

Deuteronomy 15 1 -3 At the end of every seventh year, cancel all debts. This is the procedure: Everyone who has lent money to a neighbor writes it off. You must not press your neighbor or his brother for payment: All-Debts-Are-Canceled—God says so.

In June of 2010 our seventh year will come to a close. I wonder if Chase Bank... Not in this lifetime. Of course, I'm not Hebrew so it wouldn't apply to me anyway.

Of course, I remember trying to bargain with Ernie's old boss for a full year off after we were married...

Deuteronomy 24:5 If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married.

Lord, I thank you for giving me my husband and we made it through our first year even without a full year off, and I thank you for our home and that you are providing us with the money to pay off our debt over then next 20 years. I still am awaiting your promise to me (via Chantilly Carter). You know what I mean. I hope that this includes the ability to payoff our loan in full.

1 comment:

  1. I have never read Deuteronomy 24:5 until now and I now know why and how God has blessed me. We were able to spend our first year as husband and wife together without deployment. Eventhough deployment was over our heads at the time...we prayed a lot and God has been so good to us. Deployment is hard but God can make it good. Thank you God.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.