"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Taking Ollie to the Dr. again.

Two Sundays ago, on our way to church Ollie asked me if God had made her so that her stomach would hurt all the time. This about broke my heart. Lord, how do I explain to her that this was not Your intention at all. She had started complaining about her stomach a few weeks earlier and it has now gotten so bad that it hurts to the touch. She is still on several medications none of which is helping anymore. Lord, this little girl is so important to me. You can heal her! I believe! I don't even know what to ask You to do because we are at a loss at this point to what is causing her pain. She wakes in the middle of the night because she hurts. You know exactly what the problem is and You can fix it without a second thought. She believes even more than I do. She asks me why You haven't healed her yet with full expectation that You are going to. This is what led her to ask me if You just made her that way. She is so young, she doesn't really understand that Your intentions for us on earth were not as we have it now. She doesn't understand what original sin is or really what sin is. She tries. Lord, I'm pleading with You to answer our prayers! We go back to the pediatric gastroenterologist again on June 2. Of course all these things I am telling You, You already knew, but You tells us to talk to You and bring our requests to You.

Matthew 7:7 -8 -- 7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Psalm 5:3--In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

Philippians 4:6-7 --6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Lord, I come to Your knowing that Your Word is alive and relevant in my life, our lives. I hold these promises close to my heart. I trust You and Your Word. Thank You for hearing our concerns and caring about them. She loves You so much. I've never really fully understood what it means to have a heart after Your own (like You described David), but now I do. She is the embodiment of a heart after Yours, but You already know this.

1 comment:

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.