"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Monday, September 14, 2009

Pride as a verb

Today in the car, the Turkey said something (I am left only to my imagination for what it was) that caused Ollie to preach to her about what the Bible says about "priding". She told the Turkey that the Bible says it is wrong to pride. She then went on to explain that telling someone how pretty or smart you are is a way of priding, and that it is OK if someone tells this to you, you are just supposed to tell them thank you.

What does the Bible say about pride? It is mentioned many, many, many... times. Mostly in warning against pride, but as I have searched it is never used as a verb! :)

My very favorite is,
Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

Proverbs 29:23 A man's pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor.

Galatians 6:3-5 3If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, 5for each one should carry his own load.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.