"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Monday, November 16, 2009

Thanksgiving journey day 9

Today I will give thanks for where the Holy Spirit has led us to finally put down roots and call a church "home". Along the journey here we have learned a lot about the importance of good Biblical leadership, Biblical stewardship, Biblical goals, Christian friends, forgiveness... and we are blessed by the family God has given us in this church. This church, BCCC, we have been at for 2 years now and feel like we are part of the hands and feet of Christ. The preacher points us all into this position and encourages us to serve in the community not just sit in a pew. The church is growing rapidly (not just transfers, but new baptisms too). We are reaching the lost.


I am so grateful for the friends I have made (we have made) at this church. All of my Bible study girls, I love you. My Bible study leaders, you mean so much to me. I was never told that it wasn't a good time for me to start studying. You are such a bunch of encouragers.

My Sunday school class (I won't mention everyone by name there are so many of us now), you made us feel welcome from the first visit. Now you are trusted friends. I learn so much from our discussions... thanks for not holding it against me how my mouth seems to attract my foot so often.

All of my other friends at church, you all are so wonderful.

My girls have some really dear friends here. Ollie has even picked out the boy she plans to marry, and I am pretty sure he thinks so too. They share a birthday and he calls her his princess Ollie and she calls him her prince Philip. It is very cute and very innocent; neither of them is old enough to know, obviously.

Hubby has made a bunch of friends who have things in common with him. Most of my friends husbands as a matter of fact. They are similar in that they can fix/build anything, love to be outside, and are great dads to kids the same age... It is like we were given a gift of friends from God. He knew how badly we needed Godly friends and He answered our prayers. Even through disobedience and struggles, He worked it all out for His purpose-- for us to have encouragement on our way to Him. He has a plan for us to prosper. How could we prosper in Him if we didn't have encouragement?

There are many families who home school their children in our church and who are great supports. It is such a blessing to be with people who share the same goals. This leads me into tomorrows post... one friend in particular... until tomorrow. I love you, my dear family at BCCC!

4 comments:

  1. a loving church is a home away from Home. there's not much that's a greater blessing to a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree more. I pray that when God sends us to a new home (where ever He wants us to go and to grow in Him and for Him)that it will be as great as it is here in LA. It is hard being away from family and friends, but God is so good and blesses my family everyday through my church family. It will be a sad day when our orders are called, but we will go and bow down to God for where He sends us it will be His plan not ours.
    With love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not agree more. I pray that when our orders are called and God wants to send us somewhere else that it will be as great as we have it here. God has placed my family here at this particular time and at this particular place to help us grow in Christ with a great church family. When God calls us to go, it will be a sad day I know for sure, but we will bow down to our God and go where He sends us.
    Love RAchel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't mean to repeat myself but it said that it didn't go through.Ha Ha Ha
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.