"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Proverbs 23:7 (KJV ) For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he...

My earlier post was before my study today. Today Jennifer expounds upon our assumptions and focuses on the fruit of these deeply rooted assumptions. I will not go into much other than that if you have faulty assumptions you will bear bad fruit. The health of a root is in direct correlation to the quality of the fruit. For example, my assumption that if someone disagrees with me is deeply rooted in thinking my ideas are 1. the best, and 2. direct extensions of me. I am my idea/thoughts. If my ideas aren't good enough neither am I. So in thinking that, the " if my ideas are shot down then I am being shot down" will blossom into fruits of defensiveness, grudges, insecurity... I will be less open, vulnerable and honest next time there is opportunity for me to share my thoughts. I will go along with the crowd, so to speak. This goes back to her quote about speaking spiritual truths to ourselves so as not to conform to the world through faulty thinking. My going along with the crowd has landed me in a worldly pit in the past... not a place I want to be again. Sooo...

I will close in sharing with you the prayer I wrote with her outline.
Dear God,
I believe You are in complete control, and are looking at my life with insight and wisdom and with plans for me. As a father looks upon His daughter. I believe You will lead me into the plans You have made for me, ones where I prosper in You. I believe You have made me in Your image with works for me to do in advance. I believe You will go with me as I go about Your plans for me and You will not leave me alone. Help my unbelief-- those feelings that I am not good enough and can not do it to Your glory. Amen.

1 comment:

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.