"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Saturday, February 13, 2010

New take on "an eye for an eye"?

Yesterday morning Olivia was pestering Sarah and Sarah was screaming for her to stop. This is typical! I called Olivia into the room and explained to her that what was going on was not OK. She of course argued with me that Sarah was doing it to her too. She said, and I'll quote her exactly, "But the Bible says to do unto others as they do unto you."

Ha! I about choked. I certainly corrected her and sent her to apologize to her sister. Then Ernie and I laughed. It really is in the Bible I guess, but the whole law of an eye for an eye is under the old law and does not apply to sisters who bicker about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.