"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How to learn God's wisdom.

If you have been reading my blog for any amount of time, you will recall how often I pray for wisdom. Well, my friends I think God is teaching me how to gain wisdom. Looking back on the past several weeks and months even with all of my issues and problems and the looking into the more recent past and seeing the changes God has had me make or has encouraged me and cheered for me in making I see how He is answering my prayers for wisdom as well as peace in my life.


You know from the inception of this blog, I have one specific reader in mind as I journal through my thoughts, feelings and prayers-- God. This is my prayer journal and much more, one very concrete way I can tell God my stories, worries and concerns, and then acknowledge Him in His response to me. I can always go back and remember what God has done for me. That being said, after my plea yesterday for wisdom, this morning my e-devotion was titled, "Making My Heart Sit Down". The verse at the very beginning of the devotion was this: Psalm 90:12 "Teach us to make the most of our time, so that we may grow in wisdom" (NLT).

As I read through the devotion, what I heard from God is that through making every second of my day, every decision I make, every step I take be one towards eternity I will be able/ready to learn His wisdom. I also was encouraged in taking time for myself in solitude and just waiting on the Lord to show Himself and speak to me. It makes sense now why He has allowed me to experience the issues of anxiety, overwhelmed days, lack of time with Him in solitude (true quiet time-- not just telling the kids to leave me alone for a few minutes every other second of my quiet time during the day)... He has allowed this so that I will notice the difference it makes when I actually experience what He desires of me.

I can tell you that making the most of my time, not vacuuming 5 and 6 times a day, running like mad to clean the entire house every day, over booking myself to others and neglecting my family and myself, and instead having set times for my priorities and putting Him and my solitude with Him at the very top of my days list of priorities has made a true difference in my feelings towards myself, my house, my children, my husband and most of all it has brought me to the feet of Jesus in the quietness of my mornings. This is THE best place to start my day.

I guess God is teaching me wisdom after all or at least He is pointing me in the right direction to where I can be ready to learn His wisdom. When I am a sweet old Granny, I hope and pray I have learned my lesson well enough to impart my Godly wisdom to my grand children and great grand children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.