"If you don't see the real me, you won't see what love has won..." Vota

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ahhhh, I am so excited

You know, Ernie and I are about to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. I absolutely love my husband and feel like THE LUCKIEST woman in the world. I fell in love with him and knew he would be the best husband for whomever he married and so I decided at 17 years old that person should be me. Of course it took a long time for him to come to his senses... heehee! Anyway we have been married for almost 10 years and just scheduled our anniversary trip.

I can't stop beaming about our trip. My friends are going to keep the girls for the three days and two nights while we are out of town. I can't wait to share with you where we are going. You see, I have heard great things about a place called Hot Springs, NC. I was looking at the town website and found a whole listing of bed and breakfasts. I came across one beautiful place that actually brought tears to my eyes. I started looking through their website and looked at all of the gorgeous rooms. When I cam across the Rose Room, the tears just fell. It was perfect and I could see us spending the night in this room, but the cost was a little out of our budget. That night I actually told God (like He did not know) all about this place and room and how badly I wanted to go there. I asked Him for the trip. Do you know that the next morning I got the idea to email the Inn keepers to ask for a discount on the room. AND do you know the wonderful lady I corresponded with did just that? ALSO Ernie was given by someone wanting rid of it, a bunch of old insulated wire and Ernie took it to the scrap yard and the wire all but paid for our trip. What is left on the trip-- spa treatments, food, pampering and spoiling ourselves... will be covered when we work the International Storytelling festival. It just so happens this is Ernie's weekend off and he is going to work for Main Street that weekend too. God answered my prayer and made supplements to our budget to cover our trip. How awesome is He?

So we will be staying in the Rose Room of the most beautiful Inn and Ernie gave me an hour and a half massage and body exfoliation and wrap, and we have reservations for a soak in the natural mineral springs hot tub.  I am beside myself with anticipation and will so enjoy the wait. We have a few months, but it will be so wonderful dreaming up great ideas for us to do and planning our romantic weekend. It is still making me cry because it is so perfect.

Check this place out! Mountain  Magnolia Inn

1 comment:

I love to read your comments! I would love to post those with actual thoughts reflecting on my posts. Spam and nastiness will not be posted.